Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fighting with Sticks, Playing with Matches.

Yes, fall was fun, even if I can’t quite remember it all. I got a president-elect for my birthday (yep, nov. 4th). I got my first car(!): a 1998 black Saab 900 turbo, and consequently learned to drive stick. I'm actually not bad now- and extra calf strain and a perpetually lit 'check engine' light are a small price to pay for a moon roof and heated seats. Oh right, and not having to beg someone to take me to the drug store for more tooth paste. or standing at the bus stop in -20 windchill. :) Thanks mom and dad! And, since I can now get around, I started helping with High school youth group at Blackhawk Church (I primarily attend MadCity Church). Speaking of getting around (ok, I flew & took the train for these) I attended three New York weddings, three different weekends:

See if you can match my friends with a fact about their wedding...

1) Geraldine & Jeff vvvva) a dog is best man (it's so true...dog is a friend's best man)

2) Paul & Amandavvvvvb) they are announced to the Lord of the Rings' 'Shire Theme'

3) Eli & Amyvvvvvvvvvvvc) sea cucumber is 1 of 12 courses.

In work, but not project, related news: Our prayers are answered, We will be joined by a new graphics person! Laura Li will move from Michigan to Madison to start work with us September 1st. Till then, she's fundraising, so please pray she will be able to raise what is needed.


"Hi. I'm Laura! and the answers are... 1)c, 2)a & 3)b "

No comments: