Thursday, September 15, 2011

Red Cup Gets Personal (NAU, Reno & CMU)


I presented Red Cup to the chapter builders, whom I've worked with for two years now, so when the Steven Grahman, who's building a chapter at Northern Arizona University, reported on their Red Cup Outreach he mentioned me by name:

"Last night 6 students stood in response to Theo Davis' call to faith at our third Large Group at NAU! We've been doing Red Cup for all three weeks now, and it's drawn in both missional Christians AND seekers. Wow!! Thanks to those who've worked so hard on making this campaign work - and look - amazing. Special shout out to Grete for designing something students are lining up to interact with!

One more thing, Grete-- our students were on the fence about Red Cup - until they SAW it. That was it for them, they were sold. It's been our most successful - and widely accepted - Proxe ever, and almost everyone attributes that to how stinkin' impressive it looks. THANK YOU!!!"

That's a big 'thank you' to you, supporters and prayer partners! :)



Another shout out came from Amy Hauptmann, staff in Reno: 

"Grete- just wanted to echo Steven's comments! This is definitely the BEST proxe yet! Now we are transitioning into our four week large group series called "What are you thirsty for?" each week we are talking about one of the categories- success, love, purpose and fun...and how Jesus satisfies those thirsts. I had the honor of giving a talk on success last night... it was electric! And I think we had around 8 people stand up to start following Jesus (first time/recommit)!
I also noticed an email invite to a thirsty themed event at Carnegie Mellon, my alma mater. I don't think they've used Red Cup yet, but to see the theme is spreading to my campus too, awesome! Paul Hassell, a staff who influenced me (and some of you, too) while at CMU, just ordered Red Cup displays yesterday!

Please pray for the follow up to all these events!

No comments: