Thursday, October 03, 2013

World Student Day : Handbook

For World Student day, I recruited a few staff to help me work on materials that would help staff plan gatherings with their students, without adding 'just another thing to do' to their Back-to-School plates. We wanted to remind staff that praying for students and staff in other countries could help their students know God better and understand the global church. Staff Geoff Gentry, Kodi Thompson-Moore, and Jordan Kologe did most of the writing, and I designed our handbook--about 15 pages.


On seeing our handbook, IFES staff in Oxford said “Wow – this is a great resource, and beautifully designed! Well done.You’ve inspired us to think about how we might adapt this as a resource for the wider IFES family..."   

Drew Smith, a staff Texas (who helped with editing!) said:
"I got the World Student Day mailer, wow, that turned out great! My wife got it in the mail, didn't know I'd seen it, and brought it over to show me because she thought it was so stellar.

On top of these items, we'll have posts on the InterVarsity blog, tweets and facebook posts to promote the day. I hope you'll join us October 18th, and those of you who tweet, tweet #IFESWSD and let us know you prayed!



No comments: