Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chapter Building Training

“I came back to my dorm room and sat down and said out loud to myself ‘God exists!’ ” –Meagan, Tufts U.

The chapter building committee and tester meetings in June went very well—it was refreshing to see the dear staff I am serving again. They loved the latest diagrams. Theo, 2nd-year staff from Arizona, said “I understood the figure 8 diagram [how to develop students as bold disciples] in a completely new way when you gave us a linear version. I realized I could plan my whole year using the cycle we’ve been learning!”

This year’s gathering practiced creating a tailored, interwoven series deepening students spiritual commitments, rather than non-contiguous teaching and events on campus. Last year’s training had focused where to spend staff and student energy and how to refocus students on evangelism and mission. While one chapter lost members over the year, all the other chapters grew in members, conversions, and stature on campus. Tufts University, in Boston, had eight new Christians this year, and I worked with the 2100 video team to capture the change. Watch the video!



Chapters in the Chapter Building Cohort:

University of Washington
Wayne State (Detroit)
University of Arizona
University of California Davis
Tufts University (Boston)
Northern Arizona University

Here are the Campus Staff teams, Interns, and their Area Directors, along with Doug Schaupp and Val Gordon, from California and Massachusetts respectively, who led the training. I took the photo on the Wisconsin Capitol lawn during our June training in Madison. After four days of training, it was just a hour before everyone left to fly back home.



I'll be praying for them this year and I invite you to pray, too!

No comments: