Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Red Cup Report: University of Missouri --St. Louis

Chioma Chukwu, staff at University of Missouri- St. Louis, shares how the first day of Thirsty (Her name for The Red Cup) went on her campus:

"People said the question of the day on campus was "What's the red cup"? Not a bad day for the first day of two weeks of the Thirsty Campaign!

My students shared the gospel in ways I had never seen them do it before. Since we were able to train them and give them practice doing it at pre-fall retreat, they were just rolling getting all the way to the gospel presentation with multiple people. I saw Daniel approach a group of 4 people checking out the display and say, "Hey people! Have you gone through this yet?"

He shared the gospel with all 4 of them at the same time, and gave them his information, and all 4 were interested in hearing more about Jesus. I have no idea how many GIGs [Groups Investigating God- Bible studies for non-Christians] were started with students yesterday yet, but I know there were some and I know that the gospel was proclaimed thoroughly multiple times! Continue to pray for this kind of boldness in them!

Also, Christians we've met have walked by and have signed up to work Thirsty as they see the success. So not only is the gospel being proclaimed, but we are also gathering missional Christians and training them on the spot on how to share their faith!

I also met a girl at the proxe [grete's note: we call displays with conversation and interaction 'proxe stations' Red Cup is a one] who wants to do a GIG with me and said that she is "looking for a way back to God". I told her she stopped at the right place!"

Keep our campus staff in your prayers!


No comments: